Saturday 25 August 2012

Skin-Clean Mint Green

Liz Earle Skincare Try-Me Kit

Purchased at John Lewis in Newcastle for £23.25.

I have been admiring Liz Earle's products for a while now, having previously used the Exfoliator and the Hot Cloth Cleanse & Polish. I bought this set after deciding I would like to try a few more products but without spending loads on full size products. Here I've written a little summary review of the set, I hope you enjoy :).


This is the neat little beauty carry bag it comes in, a lovely light mint colour. The bag contains 2 muslin cloths. 



These are the products from the set; Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser 30ml, Instant Boost Skin Tonic 50ml, Skin Repair Moisturiser 15ml and Brightening Treatment Mask 15ml. I think the size of these is ideal for taking on holiday, none of them is above the 100ml for taking on a flight and the little bag carries all of them. 

1. Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser


Consistency: Creamy but not oily. 
Scent: I thought it smelt a little of tea tree oil. Not overbearing. 
Overall: I liked that you only needed a small amount to spread across your face. It felt fresh and not oily at all. For those not familiar with the hot cloth cleansing you apply this to your face when dry, rinse the muslin cloth in hand-hot water and smooth the cloth over your skin removing excess cleanser. I've found using this makes my skin feel fresh and clean, where previous cleansers have clogged up my skin. 

2. Instant Boost Skin Toner

Consistency: Clear liquid, like water. 
Scent: Oddly like play dough. Nice and not overbearing. 
Overall: A great product, made my face feel smooth and supple. It compliments the cleanser very well. 

3. Skin Repair Moisturiser


Consistency: Creamy but not oily. 
Scent: Fresh smell, bit of Aloe Vera. 
Overall: One of the best moisturisers I've ever tried, my face feels great all day through, even hydrates it well when wearing make-up throughout. I tried the Normal/Combination skin version which suits me well with my dry but sometimes oily complexion. 

4. Brightening Treatment Mask


Consistency: Creamy, a little oily. 
Scent: Fresh. 
Overall: I love this, it really made my skin feel flawless. It didn't leave my face feeling sticky or like I'd had any products on it at all. I would recommend this. 


I'll definitely be buying these products in their full size, I think the Toner & Moisturiser were my favourites in this. I do feel you are getting value for money with this, it is also a great price if you want to give it as a gift. I'd love to try more of the sets in future, but for now I'm enjoying using these. 

Have you tried any Liz Earle products? Please comment with your views :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment