Monday 28 July 2014

LIFESTYLE&BEAUTY// FIT TOOLS

Getting fit can feel less than glamorous, with sweat and spandex coming to mind when thinking of exercise. Of course it doesn't have to be that way. I have found a great way to motivate myself by using the right tools, ensuring I can track every part of my progress. In this age of technology there are so many fitness monitoring gadgets and loading up the App Store you can hardly miss the amount of applications out there that offer advice, monitoring and logging abilities. I hope this post will inform any one curious about some fitness tools.

Personally I have two fitness watches, one is the Garmin F10 running watch and the other is the Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor watch. As you can see I like the pink look, it makes me feel more feminine and adds a pleasant brightness to working out. The Garmin F10 is great as it uses GPS to tell you how far you've run, how long for and keeps records of your previous runs, all of which can be uploaded onto a computer so I can check out my personal bests and where I need to work harder. The Polar FT4 is a very reasonably priced HRM watch, which comes with a band that tracks your heart rate as you work out. Inputting all your details it works out how many calories you burn and notifies you when you're in or out of your ideal heart rate range. 

Other tools I use are my barbell, dumbbells, kettle bells and non-slip mat. I love workout DVDs as it is a no excuse workout and there is a massive choice, especially with many being on Youtube now. Having my own dumbbells and mat makes anywhere my own personal gym. Free weights are such an affective method of building muscle which burns more calories when you aren't exercising, great if you're not keen on cardio (running etc.). Of course I recommend a few personal trainer sessions or help from a friend that knows what they're doing to keep tabs on your form as heavy weights may cause injury.


No comments:

Post a Comment