Saturday 23 August 2014

LIFESTYLE// HEY PRETTY


"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving." - Albert Einstein
Today I am delighted. Not only did I get to spend a lovely day with my boyfriend, I also got to pick up my new bike. Being the absolute sweetest man, my boyfriend offered to buy the bike after he saw I was smitten with it. I'm truly the luckiest lady, I feel. The bike itself is a Belgravia Viking in adorable duck egg blue, with a brown leather seat and matching brown handles. It even has a little bell, which I've not had on a bike since I was a small child. One of my favourite aspects is the basket, which I intend to line with a waterproof fabric with an appropriately cute pattern. It also felt appropriate to give something so beautiful a name, so I've called it Genevieve.

This style of bike also came in pink but it didn't call out to me as much. The Viking bicycles come in a range of styles and sizes, many of which pay homage to vintage lady bikes. The Belgravia is light and quick, coming with 6 gears ideal for my commutes and also for leisurely rides. Mine was purchased from Go Outdoors, a store that offers brilliant discounts to members (£5 membership) and they do a price match too, giving 10% off their rivals prices! 





2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful bike! It looks so very classic~. Hahaha, your boyfriend is so sweet. A good man gifts his fine lady a bicycle ;). But completely agree with you on your bicycle's name; it definitely suits it.

    I hope it takes you to amazing adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kat, he's a real gent :) Lots of adventures to be had indeed.

    x

    ReplyDelete