Tuesday 2 September 2014

LIFESTYLE// VIKINGS

Source
This past week I have pretty much marathoned 2 seasons of Vikings, a drama series on the History channel. I didn't think it would be as good as Game of Thrones but quite honestly I love it just as much. It follows the escapades of Ragnar Lodbrok and his village, discovering that there is land to the West they can raid but is filled with politics, romance and drama that go far deeper than that. The series is based (loosely) around myths and legends from Scandinavia which have always intrigued me and links to a book I've been reading about Norse mythology. This series has an amazing soundtrack and stunning visuals. I was particularly drawn in by the scenery, I know much was filmed in Northern Ireland but the mountainous areas really inspired my travel wish list.

I would recommend it for any one that likes Game of Thrones or historical dramas for sure. There is a fair amount of eye candy with the casting which itself was perfect in my opinion. I think Lagertha (Katheryn Winnick) has such a strong character too, showing that women were as good as fighters and far from damsels in distress back then.

The Blu-ray/DVD set of season one is already out so got nab yourself a copy and take snacks as it will pull you in!


1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love Game of Thrones so I'm sre I would like this, it sounds so good!

    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete