Saturday 4 October 2014

FASHION&LIFESTYLE// KNIT FOR WINTER


So this may seem an unlikely post for your modern fashion blogger, however I think the past decade has seen such a rise in thrifty living with programmes similar to Kirstie's Fill Your House For Free being quite the sensation. Knitting is a very therapeutic past time and though it is associated with elderly ladies it is quite accessible as any one can do it with some practice. Winter is on its way and so I've been re-learning how to knit, though I've never been amazing at it I feel my current attempt is going so well.

One of my 101 in 1001 challenges is to knit a scarf so I've been working on this one, guided by a magazine I bought a while ago, only £2.99 and it came with wool, needles and guides on how to knit. The magazine is called Knit & Stitch in association with Bergere de France. I'm so excited to try and create cardigans or sweaters ready for Winter, hopefully saving myself some cash. I know there are plenty of patterns online to try and tutorials on Youtube. I'd highly recommend you check them out if you find yourself bored in the evenings.



1 comment: