Tuesday 21 April 2015

BEAUTY// LIBERTY X SHU UEMURA


In London, as I said in my previous posts, I popped into Liberty. A store which is famous for its outside as much as the inside.

The products I bought were all from Shu Uemura, a brand which I am acquainted with after visiting a brilliant store in Tokyo. I was helped by a lady decked head to toe in Vivienne Westwood, I was quite envious but that aside she was very pleasant and despite the fact it was very dark even around the cosmetic counters I tried some foundation and a primer/base. I'm quite picky with foundation as my skin is combination and often dislikes most drugstore brand though I am partial to Maxfactor's 3-in-1.


The foundation 'face architect' has a wonderful smooth consistency, applies with ease and alongside the POREraser it requires very little to give amazing coverage. Something of note was the soft airy lightness of this foundation, far from the feel of other brands such as MAC that I've tried in the past. The assistant advised me the base is great for neutralising any redness which my skin sometimes suffers from, a real bonus. I haven't been using these very long so may do a retrospect review in the near future.


Lastly this lip gloss is a new essential in my handbag. I stopped using them quite so much when my hair was longer as England is fairly windy at times, well to be honest most of the time. Lip gloss would make my hair stick when blown in my face, awkward. Now reunited with many girls favourite cosmetic, I chose a bright pink 'Laque Supreme' in Dreamy Pink 02. Being that my skin is a very pale olive/ivory I didn't want to go too plum or shocking red for Spring as I'm wearing quite a neutral palette clothing wise.


No comments:

Post a Comment