Tuesday 14 April 2015

LIFESTYLE// Brian Cox and Robin Ince's Christmas Compendium of Reason

I know this is a little late since this was prior to Christmas but I wanted to share about an event I went to hosted by Brian Cox and Robin Ince. Brian Cox and Robin Ince's Christmas Compendium of Reason is a mixture of Science, Comedy, Music and Philosophy, lasting for a whole evening.

Guest stars included Eric Idle with a hilarious song about Christmas, The Cure (full musical set, oh my so amazing), Dara O'Briain (hilarious but brilliantly clever too) and Carolyn Porco (a brilliant planetary Scientist).


Held at the Hammersmith Apollo, the atmosphere was very chilled and it seemed that most of the crowd were either extremely intelligent answering advanced calculus questions or there for Brian Cox's beautiful hair. The best part of these shows is that you never know who will turn up on stage, the previous year Ross Noble had joked about Hugh Grant bringing him a pot of hummus and 5 minutes later up he popped with said hummus.

Eric Idle led a sing-a-long of Always Look on the Bright Side of Life, famous by the Monty Python movie Life of Brian. I've never experienced such jubilation by such a huge crowd before, you really can't compare videos to experiencing these things live. The Cure also played a live set with many of their most famous songs and I must admit their talent is difficult to match as far as playing live goes.

I am hoping that I'll be able to attend this year too. I was lucky to have a friend from London I rarely get to see come join us and was super grateful to my brother for taking me and my sister, he's so generous.


No comments:

Post a Comment