Saturday 3 October 2015

[HOME] Making The Most Of Fall


Finally Autumn is here and it feels right to talk about how I've embraced the colder evenings and spending more time inside. I think changing your surroundings to fit a season can make everything feel a little special. Instead of dreading the chilly weather and the trees becoming bare I have gotten the candles down ready to light now it gets dark so much earlier and my collection of blankets and cushions make the day bed a snuggle area ideal for cuddling up in and reading. 


My bedding was actually a gift from my Amazon Wishlist at Christmas. Catherine Lansfield with a tree print is perfect to evoke the cabin in the countryside atmosphere, paired with tartan cushions and a soft wool herringbone throw and I'm ready to settle in for the evening. I'm fond of Scottish tartan textiles, especially with woodland animals which seem to be a massive trend these fast few years, making it super easy to buy! 

I've added copper details to offset all the neutrals. The lampshade is a modern frame style with a vintage industrial bulb, I couldn't resist the cute geometrics.




I was emailed by Parachute Home about my idea of making a cozy fall and although I don't own any of their products I checked out their website and they sell some really beautiful interior products. Below are a few favourites of mine. 

The Striped Cashmere Throw has a real nautical feel with the stripes and choice of colours including blue, grey and natural. I can imagine this throw fitting perfectly over a snuggle chair or the end of my bed, layered with a chunky knit bed spread. The fireside candle sounds perfect to convey the warmth of a cozy night in by the fire without the smoky atmosphere. (Images below courtesy of parachutehome.com) 



Click the photos for links to the products. Let me know your fall favourites!



No comments:

Post a Comment