Saturday 12 December 2015

Planning | HOBONICHI TECHO


I have a confession to make. I adore stationery, all sorts of stationery like; pens, stickers, nice feeling paper, notebooks etc. (the list goes on). It always feels like much of this sits in my drawers collecting dust though, so I have invested in a day to day journal/planner. Partly inspired by the amazing Michael Palin, I decided to write every day no matter how uneventful it may be. It feels very natural to write feelings and thoughts on paper, far more so than on a digital blog but I kinda feel that this could be something which inspires my blog too.


The planner I have chosen is the 'Hobonichi Techo Planner 2016' which is an English version of a Japanese planner. I'm very intrigued by Japanese culture and design so this was an easy choice for me. It might sound crazy to research planners but it is important to me to get the right kind of paper, size and feel.

"What you are holding in your hand is a techo - a Japanese daily planner. A techo in Japan is used for more than scheduling an agenda. It is also used as a sketchbook, a diary and for other jottings that together tend to chronicle the owner's daily life." - Leaflet which came with the planner.

I loved the story of this planner, that it is used for all types of people in Japan, from kids to teachers and parents alike. Another wonderful mention is from the note that came with this from the lovely folks at PocketNotebooks.co.uk, saying "Forget the app, there's a pocket notebook for that...", so charming in a crazy tech filled era.

I'm excited to escape a little into this book each day and to get full use of the extra details like tips at the bottom of each page, the marker for food plans and of course the information in the back about Japanese food and the conversion charts.











No comments:

Post a Comment